People of faith are called by that faith
to speak for all children.
October 29, 2009
CALL TO ACTION!
ICM Hosts JUSTGeorgia Coalition Regional Meeting:
Reforming Georgia's Juvenile Code
ICM Save the Date!
We have come together and prayed. Now, we must take action.
Don't forget to do two things on November 3:
1. Vote in your local election.
2. Come to the ICM/JUSTGeorgia Coalition regional meeting on a new Juvenile Code for Georgia--SB 292: The Child Protection and Public Safety Act.
40 years of "patching" have yielded a hodgepodge of amendments and confusing language. Georgia's children deserve a new Juvenile Code that's clear and fair.
Let's make sure they get one.
ICM and JUSTGeorgia
invite you to attend a JUSTGeorgia Coalition regional meeting
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2009
7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
1911 Cliff Valley Way, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329-2420
A delicious dinner will be served
from 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Log into your ICM Web site account and register online at ICM Calendar or
send a message to email@example.com
or call 770-498-2141,
and let us know that you'll be there!
Here's what you'll learn at this meeting:
- What's actually in SB 292: The Child Protection and Public Safety Act.
- How to be an advocate by building relationships with your legislators.
- The steps you can take now as we approach the 2010 Legislative Session.
- The agenda will include an update on SB 292 and related advocacy and messaging
This is a great opportunity to learn about the Juvenile Code revision project and what we can do to support its passage!
For information about JUSTGeorgia, contact Project Manager Julia Neighbors at 404-521-0311 or visit www.justga.org.
JOIN ICM and the effort to improve the well-being of Georgia's children. Make a tax-deductible contribution today.
Send this publication as a Web link
Doing what we are called to do.
Doing what we are able to do.
Doing what must be done!